Thursday, May 10, 2007

Detroit to Kentucky to India!






For those keeping track (Rob), I had yet another adventure with Barak this past weekend! He and Willie finally finished the amazing remodel in Detroit that they've been working on since February. So in a whirlwind weekend trip, I flew up there, helped them pack everything up, kissed D-town goodbye (to the dismay of all the neighborhood kids), and we drove to Lexington, Kentucky to store his stuff, meet his relatives & friends, learn how to play "cornhole" (a local favorite), spend some time together, shop for travel supplies, and say goodbye before his big India trip.

Tomorrow, Barak & Willie are off to India where they will be spending two months working in a school for kids in a slum. It's really exciting... Barak will get to teach guitar lessons, Willie will do crafts, and I'm sure they will spend lots of time playing with the kids! Keep them in your prayers, and they will even try to update their stories on Barak's blog: www.lightningdavis.blogspot.com.

In the meantime, I'll be busy with work and several trips of my own... this weekend is a quick visit home with my whole family for Mother's Day, next weekend I'm driving to Maryland/D.C. for the first time ever for Barak's brother-in-law's Med school graduation, and then in June, I'm going to try and visit everyone back in Simi Valley! I miss you all like crazy! Love, alison

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Korock -- What are you up to these days. Fill me in.

daved@riverpointe.org

Dave